In this course, students will learn the basics of the Japanese resist printing and dyeing method of Katazome. Techniques learned will includ
What You'll Get
In this course, students will learn the basics of the Japanese resist printing and dyeing method of Katazome. Techniques learned will include making a cut-paper stencil, making a traditional rice resist paste, print/paint with paste resist, and finally dyeing the work created. Students will also explore the basics of stencil design for repeat patterns or single design motifs.
Wear clothing that can get messy!
- All materials for sample making and learning the technique are included. Any additional materials will need to be supplied by the student based on their vision.
- Weekend Intensive class students have access to Open Studio time for free for up to a week after the class ends, to put their new knowledge to practice.
Class Starting Saturday, October 26
- Saturday, October 26, 11:00AM- 5:00PM
- Sunday, October 27, 11:00AM- 5:00PM
Class Starting Saturday, February 29
- Saturday, February 29, 11:00AM- 5:00PM
- Sunday, March 01, 11:00AM- 5:00PM
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Printing classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, Textile Arts Center, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print