Love stranded knitting? Love top-down sweaters? Combine your loves into a beautifully designed garment, made just for you! Learn t
What You'll Get
Love stranded knitting? Love top-down sweaters? Combine your loves into a beautifully designed garment, made just for you!
Learn the ins and outs of designing a yoke-based garment including mastering the steps from gauge to measurements to stitch and row counts. Plus, learn how to graph out your very own colorwork design!
- At least two contrasting colors of yarn to the class (or preferably purchase yarn during the class)
- Correspondingly sized needles in 16 and 24-32" circulars
- Calculator or phone with a calculator function
- Measuring tape (cloth/soft or bendable)
- Pencils and pens
- Graph Paper (included with class materials)
- Design and concept behind yoke based designs
- Differences between circular top-down, bottom-up and raglan yoke designs
- How to grade your top-down yoke garment to be size inclusive
- How to set up your top-down yoke garment
- How to calculate stitch counts
- How to work increases into charts + designing charts for the yoke
- How to incorporate colorwork into your yoke design
Recommended for: Intermediate/Advanced knitters
Please note this workshop is for adults only (ages 13 and up).
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Knitting classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, The Knitting Tree, LA, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 11, 2020.