Join nature artist Julie Sutter-Blair for a two-day drawing workshop that explores creative expression through drawing with graphite or colo
What You'll Get
Join nature artist Julie Sutter-Blair for a two-day drawing workshop that explores creative expression through drawing with graphite or colored pencil. In this workshop, you will be encouraged to incorporate a message--a feeling beyond the image itself--into your work. We will draw from the Arboretum's resources of dried specimens, trees, and the nest and egg collection. Think about bringing along a piece of writing, a poem, essay, or an idea that helps propel you. You may also wish to bring in a meaningful object to add to your drawing, embellish, or change the reality of what you are drawing. It can be anything, it can be subtle or not so subtle.
We will also spend time building a sketchbook habit, a vocabulary of ideas to possibly inspire your future work. You may use whatever medium you'd like in the sketchbook, but for the drawing we will be using color pencils and/or graphite pencils.
- A few sheets of drawing paper. (Suggestion: Stonehenge, natural or earthy color. Instructor will have some available for purchase.)
- Color Pencils (a good variety of your favorites)
- Graphite Pencils (a good range of soft to hard - 2B to 2H)
- Erasers: Knead-able and any others you like
- Pencil sharpener
- Sketchbook or Journal (Suggestion: 5x7-ish or whatever you have and like. Instructor will have some available for purchase.)
Prerequisite: This is an intermediate program; experience in colored pencil required.
Please Note: Classes are held indoors. Bring a sack lunch.
Class Starting Friday, February 07
- Friday, February 07, 9:00AM- 4:00PM
- Saturday, February 08, 9:00AM- 4:00PM
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Drawing classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, The Morton Arboretum, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 8, 2020.