Although no one can explain why, most people agree that beer and pizza go together like a melodious string of shooby-dooby-do-bop-a-doobity-dang-a-dooby. Celebrate culinary harmonies with today’s Groupon to Court of Hero’s, which adjoins Gumby’s Pizza. Choose from the following options:
- For $16, you get a pizza dinner for two (up to a $36.48 total value). The dinner includes:
- A 14-inch three-topping or specialty pizzas (up to an $18.99 value)
- 10 wings (an $8.99 value)
2 beers or soft drinks (up to a $4.25 value each)<p>
- For $25, you get a pizza dinner for four (up to a $74.97 value). The dinner includes:
- 2 16-inch three-topping or specialty pizzas (up to a $20.99 value each)
- 20 wings (an $15.99 value)
4 beers or soft drinks (up to a $4.25 value each)<p>
- For $89, you get a two-hour pizza night for six (up to a $243.96 value). The night includes:
- A two-hour open bar with up to $180 worth of drinks
- 2 16-inch two-topping pizzas (up to a $20.99 value each)
- 2 appetizers (up to a $10.99 value each)<p>
Court of Hero’s bartenders slake thirst with frothy pours as the waitstaff transports a menu of sizzling sauce-slathered discs from Gumby’s Pizza next door. There, kitchen wizards pile fresh toppings atop dough made from scratch daily to assemble specialty pizzas such as the Heart Attack, piled high with double pepperoni and bacon arranged in an EKG chart’s dips and troughs. Trawl Italian foliage atop the garden pizza, which sprouts mushroom, green peppers, and onions, or slather tongues in smoky sauce from a barbecue-chicken pizza beneath the glare of sports broadcasts on big-screen TVs. Patrons can pluck chicken wings in boneless and buffalo varieties from piled-high plates to the click-clack of billiard balls on pool tables or complicated arguments over gator-bulldog-crocodile rivalries.
Behind the bar, taps stand ready to fill pints with domestic brews from Bud Light to Corona, and alcohol-eschewing partiers can glug bubbly Pepsi products alongside their meal. During the two-hour open-bar option, a crowd of six can also partake of the bar’s battery of liquors, including Bacardi and Jack Daniel’s, while collectively scarfing down appetizers from fiery jalapeño poppers to gooey bacon-cheese fries.
Court Of Hero's
At Court Of Hero's, a team of tap-charming staffers fills mugs with 14 domestic and imported beers to accompany sizzling pub fare from the adjoining restaurant, Gumby's Pizza. In addition to a menu stocked with hot sandwiches, salads, and buffalo wings, patrons enjoy specialties such as baked pepperoni rolls and pizzas topped with chicken tenders. When they're not getting lost in the mesmerizing heads of Yuengling, Amberbock, or Sierra Nevada drafts, eyes can wander up to the bar's big-screen televisions, set aglow with broadcasts of Gator football games and legendary cartoon cat-and-mouse match-ups.
2028 SW 34th St.
Gainesville, Florida 32609