Experience Louisiana’s rich culinary culture from the bayou to Bourbon Street with Cajun & soul food and southern BBQ
What You'll Get
- General admission
- What’s included: live music, merchandise vendors, kids zone, free games, face painting and bounce houses, cooking demos, Jambalaya cook-off, and more
- Dates and times: Saturday-Sunday, September 7-8, 2019
- Saturday: 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Masters of Ceremonies: Stefanie St. Mary, “Dan the Man, and Benwar Shepard
- Parking, drinks, and food are not included.
- Free admission for children under 15 if accompanied by an adult.
- Free admission for military members with valid photo ID on Sunday.
- Pets allowed? No
- Prohibited items: outside food and drinks
Crawfish and Catfish Festival
- When: Saturday, September 7 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday, September 8 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The event is presented by Louisiana Sue and benefits KOV Children’s Charities.
- What: The festival features the authentic tastes of Louisiana, southern BBQ, soul food, and Asian-Cajun fusion cuisine. Some specialties include crawfish, gumbo, garlic noodles, beignets, and more. The Seafood Grotto is also a new addition to the festival, serving craft beers and drinks at the wine bar.
- Music: 18 live performances featuring Cajun, zydeco, blues, jazz, R&B, and funk on two stages. A dance party features New Orleans artists and pays tribute to Fats Domino. New for 2019, on Saturday Margi Gras will meet the Carnival with Live New Orleans Funk and Latin Sounds, so get ready to dance the night away.
- Activities: Cooking demos, dance lessons, crawfish races, and more.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 9, 2019. Amount paid never expires. Must provide 21+ ID to receive alcoholic beverages. Bring voucher to Will Call booth to exchange for entrance passes. No pets allowed in the Yolo County Fairgrounds. Kids 15 and under are free with an adult. Military members are free on Sunday with photo ID. Parking, drinks, and food are not included. Outside food and drinks are prohibited. Limit 5 per person, may buy 5 additional as gift(s). Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Crawfish & Catfish Festival
The tastiest parts of New Orleans food and culture come to California for the Crawfish & Catfish Festival. Cooks arrive early to prepare boiled crawfish, fried catfish, alligator, gumbo, and lots of other Cajun cuisine—and it'll take a while for entrants to get through everything they want to eat. That's no problem, since the festival encourages its visitors to bring along lawn chairs and stay for a consistent lineup of entertainment. Bands play Zydeco, New Orleans jazz, R&B, and other styles sure to make any audience member wave a crawfish in the air like a lighter.