Photography has progressed exponentially over the past century with the development of digital cameras, faster shutter speeds, and smiling. Capture the latest trends of emotional technology with today’s Groupon for classes from Crea8fotos. Choose from the following options:
- For $50, you get an Introduction to Digital Photography I class (a $110 value) at Pittman Photo. The class is held on the following dates:
- Saturday, October 22 at 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday, December 3 at 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday, January 7 at 11:30 a.m.
- For $30, you get an Introduction to Digital Photography II Photo Walk class (a $60 value), which meets in front of News Cafe in Miami Beach. The class is held on the following dates:
- Saturday, October 22 at 9:30 a.m.
- Sunday, December 4 at 9:30 a.m.
- For $60, you get a Flash photography class (a $150 value) at Pittman Photo. The class is held on the following dates:
- Saturday, November 5 at 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday, February 4 at 11:30 a.m.<p>
Led by well-traveled shutterbug Marguerite Beaty, Crea8fotos’ staff instructs owners of DSLR cameras how to professionally operate their equipment. During Introduction to Digital Photography I, Marguerite reveals how camera settings can manipulate light quality and image sharpness and trains students to control focus, particularly in the event of a photo bomb by sasquatch. After studying the camera’s various knobs and switches, students compose and frame shots to produce their own eye-catching photos.
Shutterbugs already comfortable with manual mode—including a command of aperture, shutter, exposure, metering, and focus—can opt in to the Introduction to Digital Photography II Photo Walk or the Flash photography class. The outdoor Photo Walk affords apprentices the chance to further explore manual mode to develop creativity and technical prowess in tandem. In the classroom-based Flash class, use of white balance and light take center stage as students dabble in portrait photography with the help of light-bearing miscellany and the ghost of Yousuf Karsh.