Choose from Six Options
- $49 for one month of unlimited CrossFit classes for one ($99.99 value)
- $89 for one month of unlimited couples CrossFit classes ($180 value)
- $95 for two months of unlimited CrossFit classes for one ($200 value)
- $169 for two months of unlimited couples CrossFit classes ($360 value)
- $139 for three months of unlimited CrossFit classes for one ($300 value)
- $249 for three months of unlimited couples CrossFit classes ($540 value)
Plyometrics: Super-Swift Stretching
If your workout includes leaping in the air or other rapid movements, you may be doing plyometrics. Explore its benefits with Groupon’s introduction.
Touted by Women’s Health, these moves can also help muscles quickly adapt to handle more challenging fitness workouts—one reason why the technique has long been a favorite among professional athletes.
Track-and-field coach Fred Wilt coined the term plyometrics in 1975, combining two Latin root words that loosely translate as “measurable increases.” Wilt observed that hugely successful Soviet athletes performed leaping and squatting exercises before their races, so he refined the program and introduced it to American athletes. By the end of his career, he had translated his new knowledge into a best-selling book, helping him earn a spot in the USA Track and Field Hall of Fame.