A successful marriage, like tiger training, requires clear communication, positive reinforcement, and at least one pair of bite-proof gloves. Gather nuptial necessities with today’s Groupon: for $15, you get two tickets and two wedding gift boxes at the CT Bridal Event on Sunday, November 6, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the UConn Alumni Center in Storrs (a $30 value). The complimentary wedding gift box includes:
- A wedding planner from EstOccasions with timelines, checklists & important questions to ask vendors
- Thank-you cards from estoPrints
- Flower coupon from TK Brown Floral Design
- Toss garter belt from CT Bridal Event
- Copy of Get Married magazine
- Wedding chapstick from The Beauty Bar
- Surprise gift from WeddingReports.com.<p>
CT Bridal Event’s fifth-annual nuptial expo enriches wedding plans with new ideas, provides free samples of baked goods, and supplies marital merchandise from more than 30 vendors. Guests can launch bouquets skyward to assess their aerodynamic qualities before perusing photography samples and bakery selections topped with couple figurines, monograms, and edible wedding certificates notarized with permanent icing. Love Me Two Times showcases discounted designer wedding gowns, mother of the bride and groom gowns, party dresses, and fistfuls of elegant jewels. Visitors can wander over to a bridal museum that documents fashion and makeup tips through wedding history, from recent nuptial extravaganzas to Marie Antoinette’s infamous cake gown, which incensed the bread-wearing populace of France.
2384 Alumni Dr.
Storrs, Connecticut 06269