Iskander Gener left Cuba in 2008 at the age of 24. After bouncing around Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico, he finally landed in Austin in 2010, where he began climbing the restaurant-industry ladder. It didn't take long: after excelling as a manager for several years, Iskander gathered all his family recipes, teamed up with his wife, Tuky, and opened Guantanamera in February 2015.
Though Guantanamera is a manifestation of the couple's American dream, the restaurant's food, drinks, and energized vibe is decidedly Cuban. The menu runs the gamut of Cuban cuisine: it starts with meat- and cheese-stuffed empanadas and continues with maduros, ropa vieja, and chef specialties, including the restaurant's own take on the chicken-based arroz con pollo a la cubana. A trove of tropical drinks rounds out the Guantanamera experience, including imported sodas and signature handcrafted mojitos.
· Redeemed February 11, 2018
· Redeemed October 26, 2017
· Redeemed September 21, 2017
The Fine Print
What You'll Get
How to use this deal:
- Claim this deal by linking it to your eligible credit cards
- Pay for qualifying purchases at the merchant with a linked card
- Cash back rewards will be credited to your card statement within a few days