What You'll Get
When compared to mixed-gender populations, the members of all-female lizard species are stronger, happier, and 10 times more likely to be named Trisha. Today's deal brings together likeminded ladies to increase fitness, morale, and results: for $27, new clients get a one-month unlimited basic membership to Curves for Women, a $54 value. Curves is a fitness center designed exclusively for women. Redeem your Groupon at one of the following locations:
- 745 Gardiners Road, Unit 26, Kingston, ON K7M 3Y5
- 105 Sutherland Drive, Unit 10, Kingston, ON K7K 5V6
Membership is only valid at the location you choose. Each membership can be used toward unlimited visits and free weight-management classes with trained professionals.
With machines set up in rows to encourage competition, many ordinary gyms cater to men's bodies and psychology, right down to the urinals that were "accidentally" installed in the women's locker room. At Curves, you'll move around a circuit of hydraulic resistance machines that have been designed to work with women's bodies and promote weight loss, protect against osteoporosis, and deal with arthritis. An experienced trainer is always nearby to help manage your machine maneuvering and your muscle making. Instead of fiddling with weight stacks and losing your momentum, the hydraulic machines use your body weight and fitness level to create resistance that matches your abilities, decreasing the risk of soreness or injury. Because traditional lift-and-lower motions create bulky muscles, each machine uses push-and-pull motions to create toned, lean muscles perfect for crushing a grapefruit without looking like you can.
For 30 minutes, you'll move around a circuit that positions machines inward so that you'll have a chance to laugh with your fellow fitness frontierswomen. Because you're all at different stations, you won't feel like you're in competition with anyone but yourself—and a soundtrack of fun, upbeat music will include cues to let you know when it's time to move on to the next station. You'll raise your heart rate and burn calories during a complete aerobic and strength-training workout. Meet new friends and plan a girls' night out between labored breaths, or invite along some of your current friends as friends instead of as shields against the creep ogling you at the juice bar.
- Curves Fitness Center for women has ongoing support and encouragement..something not found in every fitness center. Curves is a place for all women...size, shape, age doesn't matter. What does matter is improving ones [sic] individual health and fitness and overall lifestyle. – nrscaree, Viewpoints
- Having different stations to work at, not only expels bordom [sic], but the different stations keep your interest peaked. The music is upbeat and after a while, you can recognize the songs and really get into the beat. I also was impressed with the attentiveness of the trainers. – harvardmom, Viewpoints
- I love it. The staff, the other members, the atmosphere but most of all how I feel about myself now and what I have managed to achieve. I recommend it to all women, of any age or fitness level, looking to loose weight or just keep healthy. – oatcakes, Epinions
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 19, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Must activate membership by 5/19/11, membership expires 1 month from activation. By appointment only. Must be 18 or older or accompanied by guardian. New members only. Valid only for listed locations. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.