What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Please Turn Your Head When You Coiffe
Trim some hair off your hair or beautify your beauty zones with today's Groupon. For $15, you’ll get $35 worth of salon services at Cutting Image Salon. This deal is good at all three North Carolina locations – Charlotte, Huntersville, and Gastonia.
Cutting Image offers up an array of beautifiers, including cuts, colorings, extensions, makeup, and more. Haircuts vary in price based on level of stylist request, length and density of hair, and time required (standard cut, shampoo, and styling costs $25 plus for short hair, $40 plus for long hair). Since prices are quoted before the first snip, you won’t be in for any surprises, unlike that can full of delicious spring-loaded snakes that turned out to be boring old peanut brittle. If you want to go curlicue, perm it up, or travel to the opposite end of the hair pool with a relaxer transformation ($50 plus). If you’re happy with your headtop, spruce your facade with a brow shaping ($15) or full make-up makeover ($40 plus).
While CI's expert staffers are well versed in a bevy of services, the salon makes a concerted effort to not overextend their technician's talents. Keeping offerings focused allows stylists to master their craft without being spread too thin, like the time they tried to paint New York City green, but ran out after Lady Liberty.
Owner Lisa Mayo Wilfong started the company in New York and brought the same high standards that made her successful to North Carolina, so you can expect NYC’s high-fashion sensibilities in a refreshingly non-NYC area of America. The salon also prides itself on listening to its customers’ specific wants, whether they pertain to hairstyle, makeup preferences, or a fantasy Super Bowl matchup that pits the cast of Wings against the cast of 60 Minutes.
Cutting Image’s New York location was featured as a critics’ pick in New York Magazine:
- Trendy boutiques are a dime a dozen in the East Village, but you’ll be hard pressed to find one as gracious and down-to-earth as the Cutting Image Salon.
- . . . after much Salon research I found that cut and color for my long hair was going to cost $180-240...not at Cutting Image , the entire 2 and 1/2 hour process was under $100 ! – 410 on Citysearch
- I have been getting my haircut by the same person out of state for several years, so I was very nervous going to another salon. Leigh really listened to what I wanted. My hair actually looks longer! She recommended products and techniques to me, which I am definitely going to try! – reneedenise25 on Citysearch
- Mariana was amazing! she knows her stuff, has great people skills, and she took her time to make sure I was happy with the cut. I got a new look, and new stylist – Martha S. on Yelp
Please Turn Your Head When You Coiffe
A stylish updo can do more than just turn heads at your former co-worker’s Starbucks-themed wedding (they met at Starbucks, I guess). A formidable hairstyle can look great and carry its own weight in a variety of more utilitarian ways. Ask your stylist for a haircut that can also:
- Support a flashlight for spelunking expeditions
- Form the shape of a #1 Foam Finger to free up your real hands for beer and nachos at the next gameball match
- House a symbiotic mosquito-devouring chameleon to periodically dart its tongue out for pest-control and conversation starting
- Tinnily sing “Rock Around The Clock” when you squeeze the clump labeled “Try Me!”
- Protect your thoughts from telepathic dogs looking at you all telepathically
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 12, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May purchase multiple as gifts. By appointment only. Gratuity not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.