Before man learned to ride horses, Western films ended with cowboys jogging into the sunset. Saddle up with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $55 for two private horseback-riding lessons (a $100 value)
- $275 for a one-week horseback-riding summer camp for ages 4–8 on July 8–12 (a $650 value)
- $275 for a one-week horseback-riding summer camp for ages 9–12 on July 22–26 (a $650 value)
- $275 for a one-week horseback-riding summer camp for ages 13–18 on August 5–9 (a $650 value)
- $275 for a one-week horseback-riding summer camp for ages 9–12 on August 19–23 (a $650 value)
Private, one-hour lessons in hunt-seat, equitation, jump-seat, or western style are tailored to each student and led by a highly experienced trainer.
Summer riding camps, organized by age and experience level, kick off by letting kids aged 4–18 groom and bathe horses. Kids next enjoy a hands-on arts-and-crafts lesson and then break to munch on their brought-along lunches. After eating, campers can take a dip in the pool and then dress for riding lessons. Days finish with a challenge, quiz, or fun competition. The end of camp is marked by a Friday cook-off and a small show for parents or a day of horseback games. Parents and other noncamp attendees can also enjoy a day of fishing on Cypress Creek's boat dock. Camps are held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Cypress Creek Stables & Kennel
Bright white fences surround Cypress Creek Stables & Kennel, 40 acres of verdant grass and sandy arenas. Inside the shelter of the barn, riders will find an indoor arena and training paddock along with spacious stalls where boarding steeds relax and graze on hay and grain. Two outdoor arenas accommodate lessons taught by resident trainers Cadie Estes and Chelsea Weber, who instruct riders on equestrian safety, hunt seat, and how to pull off a velvet riding hat. The facility is also home to a kennel, where experienced dog handlers provide doggy daycare and oversee overnight and day-to-day boarding.