Participants are introduced to a golf program, designed for skills development as well as on course experience
About This Deal
Our “Learn to Play Golf” classes are designed for beginners and aim to teach new players the game of golf in a fun, friendly, and non-intimidating group setting. Activities led by trained professional instructors are conducted both on the practice range and the golf course.
- See the 2021 schedule:
- Session I – February 18th to March 18th
- Session II – April 8th to May 6th
- Session III – May 27th to June 24th
- Session IV – July 5th to August 12th
- Session V – September 2nd to September 30th
- Session VI – October 21st to November 18th
- All sessions have classes on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
- Class times: Thursday 4:00 p.m./Friday 4:00 p.m./Saturday 2:30 p.m.
- About the instructor: Tirrel Baymon–who had played collegiate golf at Florida A&M–has been training students at the club since 2010
About Cypresswood Golf Club
Where Cypress Creek meets Spring Creek, you'll find Cypresswood Golf Club—600 acres of densely wooded terrain with two 18-hole courses that have long been critically adored. In fact, its Cypress course was named Golf Digest's Best New Course in 1989, and its newer Tradition course was named Houston's best daily-fee course four years running by the Houston Chronicle.
Before embarking on either 18-hole journey, golfers can warm up at the onsite practice range. And rather than hire a sherpa to navigate the challenging course, players can hone their game under the tutelage of resident instructor Tirrel Baymon. Baymon's pedigree includes a stint on the US Golf Team, and he even once participated in a private clinic for junior golfers conducted by Tiger Woods.