Without gyms, people would resort to outdated fitness techniques such as swimming and pushing Model Ts up slight inclines. Celebrate contemporary fitness with today's Groupon: for $29, you get five classes (a $100 value) at D1 Sports Training.
D1 Sports Training, an 18,000-square-foot facility, is where Peyton Manning, Chris Hope, and others have pumped iron and daydreamed of nontraditional end-zone dances. We’re not saying that a trip to D1 will make you next year’s first-round draft pick and we’re not saying it will make you a second-round pick either. What we are saying is that you can train as if you were. Pick your five classes from three categories: Total Fit, Boot Camp, and Boot Camp's brawnier cousin, Boot Camp Xtreme.
- The Total Fit program incorporates team-oriented training for the more casual athlete. Combining strength, speed, and flexibility training, Total Fit gives you face time with your coach to discuss your progress.
- Boot Camp ups the ante with intense, hour-long, total-body workouts that target different muscle groups each session. You’ll know where your firm quadriceps stand with trainer feedback throughout your strength and resistance exercises, core workouts, balance training, and obstacle courses.
- Boot Camp Xtreme intensifies the aforementioned Boot Camp regime, targeting athletes who are looking to test their physical limits under the leadership of tough but motivating trainers.
Because each class has a different focus, it’s best to call and ask for advice on which classes are best for your fitness goals. Think of these five classes as a taste test. If you’re ready for more, D1 will work with you to set up a routine specific to your needs.
In addition to earning loads of press, D1 Sports Training has been endorsed by professional and amateur athletes alike. In 2009, nine athletes who trained at D1 facilities went on to be drafted into the NFL, bringing the total number of trainees in the NFL to 45:
- I wish I had a place like D1 to train at when I was growing up. I’m envious of kids today that have an opportunity to train here. I now train at D1 in preparation for the upcoming season because it makes me quicker, faster, stronger and a better athlete. – Peyton Manning, professional athlete, D1 website
- The coaches encourage and push me to my limits! Every time I participate D1 Staff calls me by name, treats me professionally and makes me feel I am as important as anyone in our group! – Karen H., adult athlete, D1 website