Without gyms, people would resort to outdated fitness techniques such as swimming and pushing Model Ts up slight inclines. Celebrate contemporary fitness with today's Groupon: for $30, you get a choice of four classes (an $80 value) at D1 Sports Training.
D1 Sports Training, located on Bailey Cove Road in Jones Valley, is co-owned by San Diego Chargers Pro Bowl quarterback Philip Rivers and Alabama Sports Hall of Famer member Condredge Holloway. We’re not saying that a trip to D1 will make you next year’s first-round draft pick and we’re not saying it will make you a second-round pick either. What we are saying is that you can train as if you were. Pick your four classes from three categories: Total Fit, Boot Camp, and Boot Camp's brawnier cousin, Boot Camp Xtreme .
- The Total Fit program incorporates team-oriented training for the more casual athlete. Combining strength, speed, and flexibility training, Total Fit gives you face time with your coach to discuss your progress.
- Boot Camp ups the ante with intense, hour-long, total-body workouts that target different muscle groups each session. You’ll know where your firm quadriceps stand with trainer feedback throughout your strength and resistance exercises, core workouts, balance training, and obstacle courses.
- Boot Camp Xtreme intensifies the aforementioned Boot Camp regime, targeting athletes who are looking to test their physical limits under the leadership of tough but motivating trainers.
Because each class has a different focus, it’s best to call and ask for advice on which classes are best for your fitness goals. Think of these four classes as a taste test. If you’re ready for more, D1 will work with you to set up a routine specific to your needs.
In addition to earning loads of press, D1 Sports Training has been endorsed by professional and amateur athletes alike. In 2009, nine athletes who trained at D1 facilities went on to be drafted into the NFL, bringing the total number of trainees in the NFL to 45:
- I look and feel like a totally different person and look forward to working out at D1 every morning! All my health problems are gone and I no longer have to take blood pressure medicine! – Justin Posey, D1 Adult Athlete, D1 website
- I have seen first hand how D1 benefits athletes by making them faster, stronger and more agile – all this without losing sight of the importance of building character and developing good young men and women. – Philip Rivers, professional athlete, D1 website