What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $15 for an exterior hand wash ($25 value)
- $99 for a full interior and exterior detail ($300 value)
- Full exterior wash with high-quality wax-finishing system
- Vacuum seats, carpet, and trunk or rear-cargo area
- Clean and dress dash, vents, instruments, and trim
- Clean all cloth and leather surfaces
- Hot-water extraction for carpets and floor mats
- Doorjamb and interior and exterior window cleaning
Chrome: Beauty and Brawn
A car wash or detail might revive the shine on sullied chrome, but that mirror-like material isn’t just for looks. Check out Groupon’s guide to the purpose and process behind a chrome finish.
A car’s gleaming grill or a motorcycle’s shining exhaust pipes sure look pretty, but chrome plating is just as much about function as it is about style. True to its name, chrome contains chromium—a hard, rust-resistant metal element that, when overlaid on another material such as nickel, steel, copper, or plastic, results in a bright and durable finish. This combination of a radiant, bluish-white sheen and resistance to corrosion has made chrome a popular coating for appliances, industrial tools, and—of course—automotive trim.
Chrome is applied using a process called electroplating. After a quick dip in acid to remove any oxides from its surface, the material is coated with copper and nickel and transferred to a solution of chromic acid and another catalyst. There, an electric current attracts charged chromium ions to the material’s surface, locking in the bright, silvery shine much as a coat of varnish locks in the pioneer spirit of a Lincoln Log.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. May be repurchased every 90 days. Appointment required, same-day appointments accepted. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.