What You'll Get
He who laughs last laughs best, unless he doesn't finish laughing before the funeral starts. Empty your chuckle reservoirs in an appropriate setting with today's Groupon: for $25, you get two pairs of tickets (up to an $84 value) to Dad's Garage Theatre Company, voted Creative Loafing's Reader Pick for Best Theater Company and Best Improv Group five years in a row. Today's deal gets you and a friend into any two of Dad's Garage Thursday and Friday mainstage shows in Inman Park near Little Five Points, including:
- TheatreSports (Thursdays and Fridays at 10:30 pm, $10–$17 online, $12–$19 at the door): This is improv competition at its finest. Watch two teams of improvisers, a host/referee, and a team of judges boo, hiss, and audibly smile throughout.
- Ask Dr. Frapples—Improv Psychiatry (November 11–January 7, Thursdays and Fridays at 10:30 p.m., $10–$17 online, $12–$19 at the door): Dr. Bob Frapples, improv psychiatrist, heals the unemployed, broken-hearted, and omniphobic with doses of homeopathic hilarity aided by a team of unlicensed associates and chatty audience members.
- Invasion: Christmas Carol (December 2–3 and 9–10, Thursday and Fridays at 8 p.m., $14–$21 online, $16–$23 at the door): Dad’s Garage improvisers gleefully butcher Charles Dickens' Christmassiest work as different “invaders” are thrust into this quintessential classic, keeping the familiar tale refreshingly off-script with a holiday blend of traditional theater and subversive improvisation.
Check the calendar for more dates and performance info. Price values vary by show, seating, and whether you pay in advance online. Be sure to plan ahead and make reservations, as seats fill up fast.
Though Dad's Garage offers half-price student tickets to Thursday mainstage shows, this Groupon still offers the lowest ticket price available.
- The cast is superb in their own right and then they have guest improv groups that add to the show from time to time. I've seen quite a few shows here with the hubby and each one has been delightful in it's own way. – Melissa T., Yelp
- With an impressive DIY team of hip and quick-on-the-draw improv comics, Dad’s Garage (think “Who’s Line Is It Anyway” after a few beers and without strict FCC guidelines) is a relentless laugh-factory in chic Inman Park. – Ryan Sims, Citysearch
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 14, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person. Limit 2 tickets per show. Must provide email and full name. Valid only for Thursday and Friday shows. Not valid for 8pm shows on 11/26, 12/16-12/17, 12/23, 12/31, or 1/7. Seating is first come, first serve. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.