Part craft and part storytelling, fishing involves reeling in the big catch with sparkly lures, fresh bait, and glamorous tales about the luxuries of domesticated restaurant life. Sink chompers into freshly netted fare with today’s Groupon to D’Amelio’s Off the Boat Italian and Seafood. Choose between the following options:
- For $35, you get a three-course Italian seafood dinner for two (up to an $85.85 total value). The dinner includes:
- One appetizer (up to an $18.95 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $30.95 value each)
One dessert (a $5 value)<p>
- For $60, you get a three-course Italian seafood dinner for four (up to a $171.70 total value). The dinner includes:
- Two starters (up to an $18.95 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $30.95 value each)
- Two desserts (a $5 value each)<p>
D’Amelio’s reels in feisty appetites with a menu of freshly netted ocean fare, praised by Boston.com as one of its Best New Restaurants in 2008. Bellies begin the long road to dessert with starters such as D’Amelio’s signature raw bar, a spread of half-shell clams and jumbo shrimp, ideal for two diners or one method actor preparing for a role as two diners. For entrees, opt for mussels yano, served over linguine and sautéed with onions in scampi or marinara sauce. Chefs also toss shrimp, scallops, calamari, haddock, and clams into a white-wine or marinara sauté swirling with onions and garlic over a bed of linguini for the zuppa Vincenzo. For dessert, the exotic bomba—mango, raspberry, or passion-fruit sorbet clad in white chocolate, bursts across palates like popcorn heated over an active volcano.
A hand-painted blue expanse stretches across faux windows at D’Amelio’s, leaving diners to gaze upon foamy crests while reminiscing about their time stowing away on a cross-sea voyage in the belly of a whale. Patrons perch at high-tops or relax at regulation-size tables lining dark-wood paneling, as hanging light fixtures bathe dinner parties in soft light.