Fish are an elusive prey, fleeing into reefs to evade anglers and spontaneously sprouting legs to run away from Charles Darwin. Track down slippery targets with today’s Groupon to Dana Wharf Sportfishing & Whale Watching in Dana Point. Choose between the following options:
- For $25, you get a half-day fishing excursion (a $51.50 total value). The excursion includes:
- A five-hour fishing trip departing at 10 a.m. (a $44 value)
A $7.50 voucher for hot sandwiches and snacks on the boat<p>
- For $33, you get a three-quarter-day fishing excursion (a $66.50 total value). The excursion includes:
- A nine-hour fishing trip departing at 7 a.m. (a $59 value)
- A $7.50 voucher for hot sandwiches and snacks on the boat<p>
Dana Wharf Sportfishing & Whale Watching’s expert crew and skippers glide their watercrafts across the open seas so visitors can soak up sunshine and beautiful coastal views. Schooners take to the briny deep in search of seasonal catches such as halibut, yellowtail, and barracuda migrating south to avoid tax season. Expert captains steer crafts through frothy spumes to the fishiest spots, where guests can cast lines in hopes of ensnaring tuna or white sea bass. Though equipment is not included in this deal, guests can rent a rod, reel, and tackle for $12, forgoing the less effective method of perfecting tuna mating calls.
While tour-goers survey the seascape for natural wildlife, they can treat their eyes to breathtaking views of the scenic Orange County coastline and the beautiful Pacific Ocean. Voyagers can bring their own food and nonalcoholic drinks to stave off hunger before venturing into the boat’s full-service galley for a hot meal or diving overboard for a mouthful of seaweed. All guests must come equipped with a one-day fishing license that can be acquired at Dana Wharf Sportfishing & Whale Watching or purchased ahead of time online ($14.04).