In ice-skating, as in dangling from the edge of a cliff, sometimes allowing yourself to start falling is a great excuse to hold someone’s hand. Take the plunge with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $59 for a learn-to-skate package for one (a $117 value)
- $89 for a learn-to-skate package for two (up to a $234 value)<p>
Per person, each package includes:
- Four weekly 30-minute ice-skating lessons (a $68 value)
- Four public-skating passes with skate rentals (a $44 value)
- Four parking passes (a $1.25 value each)<p>
Learn-to-skate lessons run from November 28 to December 29 or from January 22 to February 16 and are held on Wednesdays at 4 p.m., Thursdays at 5 p.m., or Saturdays at 9:10 a.m. Click here for a current schedule of public-skating sessions.<p>
Throughout the year, the rink at Danbury Arena stirs with such events as lessons, hockey leagues, and weekly public skating sessions. Instructors also lead lessons starting with children as young as age 3 1/2, including an adult program that caters to varying skill sets with five different levels of challenges, from two-foot glides and stops to forward crossovers. Every Friday night, the arena transforms into a disco party, complete with live DJ music and special lighting, and an oversized rhinestone jacket for the Zamboni.