Tennis rackets were originally made of wood, which wasn't ideal, since tennis balls were originally made of fire. Feel the heat of competition with this Groupon.
- C$99 for a one-month VIP Fitness Academy membership with unlimited Fit to Play and Fit Camp classes for July (C$200 value)
- C$99 for a one-month VIP Fitness Academy membership with unlimited Fit to Play and Fit Camp classes for August(C$200 value)
The VIP membership includes a one-month membership to the facility and access to Fit to Play and Fit Camp classes.
Daniel Nestor Tennis Centre
No thunderstorm or snowstorm shuts down tennis matches at Daniel Nestor Tennis Centre, where six indoor HarTru clay courts enable all-weather play. The facility also offers the only indoor clay courts east of Montreal, meaning it's an essential part of promoting year-round tennis in Canada's smallest provinces.
- Group and private lessons in which instructors help students perfect their games.
- School-break camps that adhere to a multi-sport approach, in which campers play two hours of tennis and one hour of another sport in each session. This design keeps learning fun and active.
- An academy that exists to develop players into world-class competitors through Tennis Canada's clearly defined training model. The goal is to place students in top NCAA programs with scholarships.
- Clinics and private lessons that help players work on weaknesses in their game. Video analysis helps pinpoint areas for improvements in serves and strokes.
- Leagues allow adult and junior players to wield their competitive instincts and sharpen their strategy.
- Social tennis is an athletic outlet for players who are more interested in exercise and friendly, no-pressure matches.