True wine connoisseurs teach themselves to distinguish varietals, identify flawed bottles, and cry pure chardonnay. Become one with the grape with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $27 for a 2.5-hour wine experience for one, valid Monday–Friday (a $55 value)
- $53 for a 2.5-hour wine experience for two, valid Monday–Friday (a $110 value)
- $97 for a 2.5-hour wine experience for four, valid Monday–Friday (a $220 value)
- $38 for a 2.5-hour wine experience for one, valid Saturday–Sunday (a $80 value)
- $75 for a 2.5-hour wine experience for two, valid Saturday–Sunday (a $160 value)
- $130 for a 2.5-hour wine experience for four, valid Saturday–Sunday (a $320 value)
Each experience includes:
- Educational tour of the vineyard and wine-production areas
- Tasting of three preselected wines during the tour
- Semiprivate wine-tasting class on flavors, grapes, and vintages
- Tasting of seven wines during the class, including two prereleases
- Appetizer plate with cheese, crackers, fruits, and chocolates
Danza del Sol Winery
For more than 37 years, winemaker Arturo Villarrea has strolled between trellises on the hills of the Temecula Valley wine country. Arturo began his long career at Callaway Vineyard & Winery back in 1975, where he became a Cellar Master and Associate Winemaker. He now scans the nuanced grapes of each season, waiting for just the right moment to pick them and produce varietals such as cabernet sauvignon, sauvignon blanc, cabernet franc, tempranillo, and viognier.
At Danza del Sol Winery, they help to produce wines that have distinct identities. For example, their 2010 sangiovese mingles scents of red cherries with leather, and the 2010 cabernet franc mixes deeper aromas of black cherry with hints of cranberry and pleather. Their Mediterranean-influenced bottles regularly receive awards in the Southern California Wine Country Wine Competition, and they are available for tasting or purchase at the Spanish-mission-style clubhouse, which overlooks the blushing harvest.
98% of 381 customers recommend
“The experience was amazing. It was such a thorough tour and you get 10 tastings! We had a phenomenal time! ”
“Enjoyed both times I was there but I have to say 2nd time was the best cuz I did the tour vs prior was just the tasting and the benefit of tour was far more of an...”
“Enjoyed both times I was there but I have to say 2nd time was the best cuz I did the tour vs prior was just the tasting and the benefit of tour was far more of an insight to not only the winery today but when it all started ,it's history ”
“Great experience. Sean was a great guide. Very knowledgable and friendly. ”