If your pale limbs hide in chagrin beneath long sleeves and outsized overalls, today's Groupon to Darque Tan will free you from the confines of cover-ups. For $30, you get you 30 days of unlimited tanning. It’s good for both relaxing UV tanning and instantly gratifying spray tanning, so you can decide if you you’re more of a lounger or a go-get tanner. Go into any of five locations in and around Boston to start your hue transformation: 1016 Paradise Rd. in Swampscott, 275 Centre St. in Newton, 454 American Legion Hwy. in Revere, and 277B Huntington Ave. and 830 Commonwealth Ave. in Boston.
Enter Darque Tan's impeccably clean and airy facilities through fluted Greco-Roman columns and you’re already on your way to becoming a bronze god or goddess, complete with faraway worshippers you're not likely to bump into, though they definitely exist. The certified consultants will design a custom program to fit your schedule, skin type (we usually check the box next to human), and tan-ness goals. Each location is equipped with state-of-the-art tanning beds of varying intensity, just like conversations about politics; the higher the level, the more futuristic the technology becomes, furnishing users with luxury amenities such as sound systems and air-conditioning. With more than 20 beds per location, and locations that are open seven days a week, you never need to make an appointment.
If you want to darken without the light, step into the sunless spray-tanning chamber, where you will be guided by an ethereal voice and emerge with an even, streak-free, and heavenly glow. This route will disappear paleness in 60 seconds, evenly tinting your skin three shades deeper. For best results, play Wicked Witch of The West by avoiding water (for six to eight hours) to let your spray tan settle into its cozy new home.
Unlike avocados, your Groupon expires in a year. Use it during the winter to shake off a ghostly complexion, or start in the summer to lay a beautiful base. Use it in the fall to stop your solstice surface from going the way of the leaves, or in the spring to prep for the summer ahead. Or use it in seasons of your own creation for reasons only you can comprehend.
- I have gone tanning for longer time, and i have also worked in tanning salons for jsut [sic] about all of my high school and college career, and let me say this salon is one of the best i have EVER been to. – joto1122, Citysearch
- I have been to a lot of tanning salons in Boston but i think this is by far the best and cleanest. The staff is so friendly and knows way to much about tanning (that’s a good thing that's their job) – john t., Insider Pages
- I like Darque Tan a lot. The staff here is always nice and the facilities are ALWAYS clean. – Jess M., Yelp
I Got 64 Crayons, But a Brown Ain’t One
Whether you’re striving for stark contrast under the white of a wedding dress, or you just want to make co-workers jealous with fabricated tales of your trip to Maui, there are endless reasons to duck in for a tan. Consult this list of actual Crayola colors as you plan the perfect shade to match your occasion:
- antique brass: bridesmaiding, ultimate frisbee
- burnt sienna: office holiday party, camouflage (Sedona only)
- tumbleweed: faking a hard day at the ranch, minor league baseball fantasy camp
- raw umber: re-enactment of Oscar-winner Danny Boyle’s 2007 sci-fi adventure Sunshine
- atomic tangerine: use sparingly
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
At locations across the country, clients check in at marble-fronted reception desks to meet with a member of Darque Tan's International Smart Tan Network—staff trained to determine the best path to their bronzing goals. Sessions take place in private rooms that line a column-flanked hallway, where five different levels of UV beds give skin the perfect level of tanning. [Norvell] (https://www.norvelltanning.com/) and VersaSpa sunless-tanning systems imbue clients with a hydrating, natural-looking glow, which can be customized according to skin tone, desired shade, and spirit animal. A full-time cleaning staff keeps each center in pristine conditions by referencing a 50-point inspection system.
454 American Legion Hwy
Revere, Massachusetts 02151Get Directions