The stripes of Germany's flag were first constructed from perpendicular tanks of red Berliner Weisse beer, golden Munich amber bock, and black Bavarian dunkel lager. Drink to German heritage with today's Groupon to DAS Best Oktoberfest, which takes place on October 23 and 24 at La.venue in Chelsea. Choose one of the following dates and admission levels:
- For $60, you get one VIP ticket to the Dampf session from noon–4 p.m. on Oct. 23 ($95 value).
- For $60, you get one VIP ticket to the Gaudinockerln session from 5:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m. on Oct. 23 ($95 value).
- For $60, you get one VIP ticket to the Rauschada session from noon–5 p.m. on Oct. 24 ($95 value).
- For $50, you get one general-admission ticket to the Dampf session from noon–4 p.m. on Oct. 23 ($75 value).
- For $50, you get one general-admission ticket to the Gaudinockerln session from 5:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m. on Oct. 23 ($75 value).
- For $50, you get one general-admission ticket to the Rauschada session from noon–5 p.m. on Oct. 24 ($75 value).
Each Groupon comes with a souvenir tasting glass and a German-sausage-platter dinner.
From the point the first keg is tapped with a boisterous O'zapft is!, DAS Best Oktoberfest delivers a raucous, beerhall-based celebration of German culture and cuisine. As amblers wander among the many stalls, nosh on the many eats, and glance down the many dirndls, the fest's legion of bosomy blond barmaids will happily hand out samples of more than 200 brews. Top-shelf tipples such as Bavaria’s Aventinus, Munich’s Augustiner Brau, and domestic brews such as Portland’s Widmer Hefeweizen have been spotted frothing down the sides of steins at past events. You'll also get to sip samples of German Riesling wines, every conceivable flavor of schnapps, and fine spirits such as Jagermeister. But be sure to line your body's beer barrel beforehand with a hearty German-sausage-platter dinner loaded down with wursts, frankfurters, brats, sauerkraut, and potatoes. For the next level in merry-making, the VIP tent treats you to the kind of benefits normally reserved for Kaisers and Hasselhoffs, such as special, exclusive tastings of schnapps and wine, unfettered access to the VIP bathroom, and more.
To offset the heavily umlauted food and drink, musical acts including the Crazy Oompa Band and the Austrian Boys will keep DAS Best Oktoberfest's atmosphere light on its feet by pumping out a steady sonic stream of accordion-shredding polka jams, mind-bending alpenhorn solos, and krazy klezmer. Bounce in circles with a dance partner or let rivals know they've been served with the schuhplattler's jovial jumps and snappy thigh-slaps before retiring for a celebratory puff at the outdoor cigar area. Tap into the communal spirit of the harvest and enjoy a rare opportunity to rock your lederhosen tuxedo with today's Groupon to DAS Best Oktoberfest.
Must be 21 or older to attend event. Not valid with any other offer.
608 W 28th St.
New York, New York 10001Get Directions