A mother’s face is often the first thing a person sees, followed by the beak of one of the enormous storks that oversee all live births. Go back to that pleasant beginning with this Groupon.
$99 for Mother’s Day Take-Home Meal Package for Five ($360 Value)
David Burke’s four-course Mother’s Day meal for five includes the following selections from the renowned chef’s to-go menu:<p>
- Course 1: one quart of my mom’s chicken soup
- Course 2: organic mixed greens and market veggies with house dressing
- Course 3: herb-crusted filet-mignon medallions (partially cooked to allow for quick reheating), lobster macaroni ‘n’ cheese, and sautéed vegetables
- Course 4: one whole chocolate cake<p>
The gift package also includes a spa kit:<p>
- Relaxing spa candle, body lotion, and bubble bath
- A copy of David Burke’s magazine<p>
Buyers will also receive a $50 gift certificate valid toward a bottle of wine.<p>
David Burke at Bloomingdale's
Chef David Burke studied at the prestigious Culinary Institute of America before earning a glowing reputation as chef at the River Café and later the Park Avenue Café. He would parlay those experiences into his own entrepreneurial success, opening the celebrated davidburke & donatella on 61st Street in 2003, and then taking over the 59th Street façade of the iconic Bloomingdale's department store. David's intent in opening his eatery in Bloomingdale's was to fuse different sensibilities. On one side, the Burke Bar Café offers a stylish, full-service dining experience. Alternatively, on-the-move shoppers can step over to the other side of the historical frontage where they can enjoy a convenient in-eat or take-out meal at Burke in the Box. Here, chefs prepare award-winning cuisine and swaddle it in snazzy takeout boxes. The menus at both establishments fuse fresh, seasonal fare and attentive service in a lively atmosphere.