C$69 for a Five-Course Steak or Seafood Meal for Two (C$140 Value)
- One shared white shrimp cocktail appetizer or smoked salmon with yam salad
- One shared order of foie gras with organic greens
- Two soups: lobster bisque or fusion french onion
- Two entrees: certified angus striploin, new zealand rack of lamb, or fresh salmon supreme
- One shared house dessert<p>
Day & Night Angus Steak and Raw Bar
In keeping with its name, the décor at Day & Night Angus Steak and Raw Bar strikes a graceful balance of light and dark. In the dining room, dark wood walls inset with geometric wine racks revolve around the centerpiece: a 30-foot tall chandelier made up of more than 1,600 glass bubbles. Below lies a 26-foot raw bar with blue accent lights that illuminate Bering Sea king crab legs and imported Japanese sashimi. The star of the bar is perhaps the more than 20 varieties of oysters, which are as pearl-free as a debutante who had to trade her pearls for helicopter fuel during the recession.
In addition to the chilled eats, Day & Night’s menu tempts with creamy lobster bisque and fusion-onion soup, rack of lamb and moulard duck breast, and nordic seafood rice. The chef hand-picks only a few choice cuts of certified USDA Angus steaks to age for three to four weeks and kiss with flame on an in-house high temperature grill. These hearty representations of earth and sea pair with a range of drinks, including international wines, sake, house cocktails, and European coffees.