Auto shows are the safest places to practice pretend engine noises without attracting feral lawn mowers in heat. Rev up with today's Groupon: for $7, you get two admissions to the Dayton Auto Show at the Dayton Convention Center (a $14 value). Children 12 and younger get in free when accompanied by a paid adult. Choose from the following dates:
- Thursday, March 24, 12 p.m.–9 p.m.
- Friday, March 25, 10 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Saturday, March 26, 10 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Sunday, March 27, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
The annual Dayton Auto Show boasts some of the most up-to-date and futuristic vehicles in the automobile industry from all over the world. Factory and dealer representatives will be on hand to answer questions for serious shoppers, car buffs, and gear-headed children. Guests are encouraged to sit inside most of the vehicles, but test-driving to determine donut capabilities and formulating pet names for the automobiles is prohibited.
An unveiling of 2012 models will mystify visitors with the latest in automobile technology and energy efficiency. Parking is available by the day ($6) and by the hour ($2) in the transportation center garage. A covered skywalk on level one protects parkers from flying rice thrown during pigeon weddings while also safely delivering them to the third-floor entrance to the Dayton Convention Center.
- This show has shiny metal, lots of horsepower, and curves that have become ever more aerodynamic over the years. But if it’s the old-school muscle cars you like, you can find them, too. – Peter Wine, Examiner
22 E 5th St.
Dayton, Ohio 45402Get Directions