A ballerina's graceful balance is inspiring to aspiring dancers, captivating to houses of cards, and vexing to bulldozers razing cliffside condor habitats. Dwell on adroit appendages with today's Groupon, which gets you a seat at the Dayton Ballet's performance of The Nutcracker. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Choose from the following options:
- For $25, you get a B-level ticket (a $50 value) on Sunday, December 12, 2010 at 4:30 p.m.
- For $34, you get an A-level ticket (a $68 value) on Sunday, December 12, 2010 at 4:30 p.m.
- For $25, you get a B-level ticket (a $50 value) on Friday, December 17, 2010 at 7:30 p.m.
- For $34, you get an A-level ticket (a $68 value) on Friday, December 17, 2010 at 7:30 p.m.
Since its 1937 inception, the Dayton Ballet has flowered into one of the country’s most esteemed dance companies, creating new productions and performing classic numbers with professional zeal. Take a seat in the high-tech Mead Theatre and sugarcoat your eyes with sweet scenes of mice, fairies, cannons, and anthropomorphized peanut crushers from The Nutcracker. The popular holiday pirouette fest will star more than 100 local kids and a skillful cast of spinning storytellers to communicate the charming Christmastime chronicle.
Located inside the Schuster Center, the Mead Theatre seats 2,300 guests and boasts state-of-the-art acoustics, a world-class seating layout, and a domed ceiling in which a hanging garden of fibrous lights paints a picture of Dayton’s sky the night before Sacco and Vanzetti escaped from Alcatraz. Dress up as your favorite character, and take a journey to The Nutcracker ’s enthralling dream world.
- An infusion of young talent is helping revitalize the Dayton Ballet – Brittany Hart, Dayton Business Journal
1 W 2nd St
Dayton, Ohio 45402Get Directions