Before car racing, checkered flags were used only as symbols of surrender following skirmishes between chess clubs. Wave your flag with this GrouponLive deal to Old Dominion Speedway in Manassas, valid for either of the following events:
- Friday-night SBRA drag-racing, which starts at 5 p.m. Gates open at 4 p.m.
- Any NASCAR Whelen All-American Series event—which take place Saturdays at 7 p.m.—excluding July 21, July 22, and September 2. Gates open at 5 p.m.
Choose between two options:
- For $25, you get a race-day package for two (up to a $52 total value).
- For $50, you get a race-day package for four (up to a $100 total value).
Each package includes:
- One ticket for general-admission seating per person (up to a $15 value each)
- One hot dog, soda, and order of fries per person (a $7 value per person)
- One program per Groupon (a $4 value)
- One checkered flag per person (a $2 value each)
True to the venue's name, Old Dominion Speedway’s 3/8-mile oval track is one of the oldest on the East Coast. As such, it has cultivated a proud tradition of producing top racing competitors; drivers such as Mark McFarland and Denny Hamlin once scorched its track. On Friday evenings, the drag strip continues the tradition, hosting drag, rail, and Top Sportsman racers and motorcycles as they zoom down the straightaway to flee their growing shadows. Every Saturday, the Whelen All-American Series gathers late-model stock cars and modified racers as they compete for points by sprinting around the track. While perusing the program, fans can refuel on hearty hot dogs and wave checkered flags to send semaphore messages from across the bleachers.