Chefs wear big, puffy hats for two reasons—to signify their rank in the kitchen hierarchy and to hide the "signature" spice they invented by mixing cinnamon with gravel. Learn kitchen secrets with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $85 for the Farmer's Market Fresh class for two on Saturday, July 7, from noon to 2 p.m. (a $178 value)
- $85 for the Summer Pizzas class for two on Tuesday, July 17, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. (a $178 value)
- $85 for the Summer Curry Fest class for two on Thursday, July 19, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. (a $178 value)
- $85 for the Summer Supper Club class for two on Friday, July 27, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. (a $178 value)
- $85 for the Summer Jammin’ class for two on Saturday, August 4, from noon to 2 p.m. (a $178 value)
- $85 for the Simple Summer Sides class for two on Saturday, August 18, from noon to 2 p.m. (a $178 value)
In her hands-on cooking classes, Chef Myrna Kallergis imbues students with some of the culinary expertise that has landed her gigs at the Austin Wine & Music Festival and working with Food Network's Ted Allen. At weekly customized sessions, she and occasional guests chefs–such as 2007 James Beard Award nominee Monica Pope–teach pupils how to make burgers, gourmet pizzas, and tarts from scratch. She also instructs youngsters on cooking fundamentals at summer camps, where kids enjoy light, nutritious lunches in between lessons built around themes such as food from around the world. Along with teaching, Chef Myrna helps guests improve their eating habits with calorie-counted, portioned, and packaged meal plans designed around specific wellness goals. Her venue is also designed to host small private events.