Desserts let people satisfy their cravings for sweets without tapping a maple tree or milking bees for their honey. Soak up sucrose with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $49 for your choice of two holiday cakes (a $100 value)
- $69 for your choice of three holiday cakes (a $150 value)
Blending pure butter, whole eggs, fresh milk, and locally grown fruits—plus a smattering of belgian chocolates, fondant, and Swiss marzipan—Margaret conjures cakes in the European style, complete with a light infusion of flavored liqueurs to keep the cake moist but not too sweet. Groupon customers get to mix and match from the following flavors:
- Buche de Noel (Yule log)—A 28-year tradition, the vanilla sponge roll is frosted with chocolate buttercream, then ornamented with candy mushrooms, holly, red gum paste poinsettias, and a dusting of powdered-sugar snow. Serves 12–14.
- Triple chocolate—Devil's food cake filled with thin layers of chocolate truffle and chocolate buttercream, then frosted with more chocolate buttercream decorated with sugar snowflakes. This cake can be finished with an inscription. Serves 12–16.
- Raspberry vanilla—Seedless raspberry preserves and vanilla buttercream provide both the filling and the frosting. It is decorated with holly and can be topped with an inscription. Serves 12–16.
Margaret's French Bakery
In the 1960s, Margaret took her first trip to Paris and fell in love with the sights and sounds that filled the teeming streets. But mostly, she fell in love with the flavors. "I ate my way through that city," she says with a laugh. When she returned to the States, she could not find anything that measured up to what she'd tasted in France, so Margaret, who'd been cooking since the age of 10, began trying her hand at re-creating the flavors and textures that left her enamored with the City of Lights.
When she opened her first shop in 1983, she began crafting croissants, brioches, and tarts. Now, in her appointment-only headquarters, Margaret and her team continue to create those French confections as well as custom cakes, which serve as impressive centerpieces at weddings and natural habitats for tiny, well-dressed couples. Fondant and marzipan from Switzerland shield the towering creations, which are filled with Belgian chocolate and locally grown fresh fruit. Popular creations include a cake steeped in strawberries and Grand Marnier, a chocolate-raspberry mousse torte, and a princess cake, which layers spongy vanilla génoise, raspberry preserves, and Amaretto cream filling.
Margaret especially relishes the challenge of sculpting unusual cakes. In her kitchen, she holds her breath while putting the finishing touches on a batter-based construction sculpted into the shape of a stack of tires, which she is building for the wedding of two Jeep lovers.
74% of 293 customers recommend
“The cupcake was delicious ;)”
“Delicious cupcakes! Thank you :)”
“Yummy yummy cake. Margaret herself helps us select the cake for my wife's mom birthday. Thanks for such personal and attentive service. :)”