Art classes stimulate children’s imaginations, allowing them to believe in fantastical ideas such as Santa Claus, objective truth, or frosting as a valid dinner. Encourage flights of fancy with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $12 for five half-hour open-studio art sessions for a child aged 1–2 (a $25 value)
- $20 for five one-hour open-studio art sessions for a child aged 3–4 (a $50 value)
- $29 for five one-hour open-studio art sessions for a child aged 5–10 (a $75 value)
- $12 for one two- to three-hour children’s workshop for kids aged 7–12 (a $25 value)
- $17 for an adult workshop (a $35 value). Adult workshops are held Fridays from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and cover crafts such as beaded jewelry, watercolors, and mosaics; call for more details and scheduling information.<p>
Young at Art Seattle
Young at Art owners Theresa and Andrea were inspired to open a year-round arts-and-crafts haven after the successes of their afterschool art program and Theresa's summer art camp. A class roster attuned to the school district's off hours and fire-drill schedule lets kids as young as age 1 get messy with glue, paint, and paper crafts. Longer attention spans—including those of adults—can soak up more structured workshops that result in mosaics, fabric art, or beaded jewelry.