Actors can communicate complex feelings in seconds, unlike supercomputers, which require volumes of binary coding just to express simple disdain. Succeed where the machines failed with this Groupon.
$99 for a 10-Week Acting as a Craft Course ($290 Value)
- Placement based on experience
- Beginner’s sessions:
- Mondays from 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays from 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Saturdays from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Advanced sessions Wednesdays from 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Curriculum includes emotional recall, sense memory, cold readings, Shakespeare, and on-camera acting
- Scene study exercises and monologues
Chicago Actors Studio
The Chicago Actors Studio encourages imagination and emotional exploration as it educates aspiring thespians in the dramatic arts. With affiliates in New York and Los Angeles, the studio welcomes students of all ages and experience to hone their skills through practiced scene study and individual monologues. The 10-week Acting as a Craft class showers a broad curriculum of skills upon actors-in-training, teaching them the nuances of acting onstage, on camera, or on top of a speeding train. Classes cover cold readings, as well as the initial steps toward becoming a master manipulator of voice and movement. Students ready to share their skills can benefit from expert wisdom in the Audition Power class, where instructors teach the tiny tricks necessary to quickly build relationships with scene partners, handle callbacks, and dress appropriately for the role.