Watching a movie on the big screen makes audience members feel like they’re really there with the characters, especially during climactic popcorn-eating scenes. Chew and view with today’s Groupon to The Texas Theatre. Choose between the following options:
- For $6, you get a movie outing for one (up to a $13 total value), which includes:
- One general-admission ticket (up to a $9 value)
- One “16mm” popcorn (a $4 value)<p>
- For $11, you get a movie outing for two (up to a $23 total value), which includes:
- Two general-admission tickets (up to an $18 value)
- One “35mm” popcorn (a $5 value)<p>
Since 1931, The Texas Theatre’s iridescent marquee has summoned cineastes to its southwestern-style interior, as art films and cult classics screen in the same historic auditorium where Lee Harvey Oswald attempted to flee from authorities on November 22, 1963. Digital and 35mm prints packaged in the projector’s cylindrical glow soar over the 645-seat room before crashing into an adjustable 40-foot screen or removable fourth wall. The eclectic array of upcoming features includes Tim and Eric’s Billion Dollar Movie and the Troma action-comedy Father’s Day, both opening March 9. While not available with this Groupon, moviegoers can complement their included popcorn with cocktails and Mexican beers from a full-service bar built in 2010. In the cozy lounge area, an onsite record player lends crackly ambiance to human ears and issues high-frequency commands to nearby dogs as customers peruse an eclectic array of film literature and artwork.