Herbert Hoover won America's hearts and votes when he promised a college-educated chicken in every pot and a kayak in every garage. Get a taste of the American dream with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $150 for a raft trip for up to six with a catered barbecue lunch on Saturday, June 23 (up to a $300 value)
- $150 for the above on Sunday, July 22 (up to a $300 value)
- $150 for the above on Saturday, August 11 (up to a $300 value)
- $30 for a self-guided tandem-kayak trip for two (up to a $60 value)
- $75 for a self-guided raft trip for up to six (up to a $156 value)
After safety briefings, up to six seafarers can cruise along the Stanislaus River for three- to four hour-jaunts to experience exhilarating and beginner-friendly Class II rapids. The trek concludes at Orange Blossom Park, where rafters meet professional caterers for a lunch with barbecue chicken and tri-tip, five types of salad, house-made beans and garlic bread, dessert, and drinks.
Alternatively, up to six people can pile into inflatable rafts, or pairs aged 10 and older can climb into two-person inflatable kayaks to float along the river without stopping for lunch. Float trips are approximately 8 miles long, and will last four–six hours. All equipment is provided for each trip, and though each option is suitable for beginners and seasoned paddlers alike, all participants must be able to swim.
River Journey Adventures
For 30 years, the friendly and knowledgeable rafting staff of River Journey has outfitted visitors with the equipment and know-how to navigate the meandering waters of the picturesque Stanislaus River. Departing from Knights Ferry, self-guided groups in fitted lifejackets cruise the river in their inflated rafts or kayaks, paddling with provided paddles or hiring a flock of unemployed ducks to do the grunt work.