An oceanside meal helps diners to appreciate nature’s soothing sounds, as well as to clean up afterward by tossing silverware into the sea. Feast beside the big blue with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $55 for a Latin meal for two (up to a $119 total value)
- $95 for a Latin meal for four (up to a $238 total value)
- $125 for a Latin meal for six (up to a $357 total value)<p>
Each couple selects the following from the menu:
- One appetizer to share, such as empanadas with foie gras and fig (up to a $19 value)
- Two entrees, such as churrasco of beef tenderloin with warm crab and asparagus (up to a $44 value each)
- One dessert to share, such as goat-cheese flan (up to a $12 value)<p>
De Rodriguez Cuba
Though Chef Douglas Rodriguez's take on Latin cuisine is contemporary, he's no newcomer to the restaurant scene. SunPost Weekly credits him with propelling award-winning eateries including Wet Paint Cafe, the original Yuca, and Patria in New York to star status. At De Rodriguez Cuba, adjacent to the five-star Hilton's Bentley Beach Club, the executive chef channels his decorated career into a menu of Havana-inspired dishes and signature ceviches crafted from sustainable seafood. He steeps lobster, shrimp, and crab in the tangy notes of coconut milk, lime, and ginger for the thai coconut seafood ceviche and tops the popular vaca frita entree with avocado and tomato chimichurri. Complemented by Cuban cocktails or a sip from the large wine list, the dishes evoke images of the islands.
The eatery's decor also contributes Caribbean character, stealing the spotlight in a Miami Beach magazine piece. According to the article, "guests can sit poolside or in the lovely dining salon facing the sea," or they can set up shop at the 25-foot ceviche bar in a space "that's all dark woods and serene white curtains." Scattered palm trees and large green lounge chairs border one side of the pool, the other bank crowded with crimson-trimmed tan couches that melt seamlessly into the open dining room. The sweet notes of live music fill the age-worn slats above the bar, beside which an aquarium teems with fish like the fridge of a hibernating bear.