Choose from Six Options
- $62 for one race entry for Wave 1 ($84 value)
- $122 for two race entries for Wave 1 ($168 value)
- $240 for four race entries for Wave 1 ($336 value)
- $62 for one race entry for Wave 2 ($84 value)
- $122 for two race entries for Wave 2 ($168 value)
- $240 for four race entries for Wave 2 ($336 value)
Each entry includes:
- Official 2015 participant technical t-shirt
- Professionally timed results
- Access to 12 mud and foam filled obstacles
- One free beer or non-alcoholic beverage
The Del Mar Mud Run takes place on Saturday, September 26, 2015. Located at the Historic Del Mar Race Track, the 5K course includes more than 12 mud- and foam-filled obstacles around the stables and infield. Start times are broken into two waves: early bird (8 a.m., 9 a.m., 10 a.m. or 11 a.m.) and late riser (12 p.m., 1 p.m., or 2 p.m.). Racers receive an email about one week prior to the race notifying them of their official start time.
Del Mar Mud Run
The mud sucks at arms and legs. A horned helmet tumbles into the muck, sinking out of sight, as a crowd of bodies above surges forward. The end of the pit comes into sight, and someone, dripping and muddy, crests the edge, reaching back to help the person behind them. This may be a race, but the after party at the finish line will be more fun with friends in tow. Welcome to the Del Mar Mud Run.
The five-kilometer race wends a new course through historic Del Mar Fairgrounds every year, pitting runners against 12 or more obstacles. Those that don't involve mud tend to make use of foam, or involve tasks that are especially challenging when hands are slick and slippery. Racers might wade through pits, jump chasms, balance across tight ropes, or scale walls, earning the t-shirt and free beer that await them at the end of the course. The organizers encourage people to wear costumes, as long as those costumes involve shoes that cover the ankle. Otherwise, the mud tends to suck shoes right off feet, adding them to its collection of things to wear once it finally has a body.