Choose Between Two Options
- $46 for one fruit basket ($70 value)
- $23 for one dozen strawberry chocolates ($35 value)
Ganache: Chocolate Soup
If you’ve ever seen a chocolate cake coated in a soft, shiny chocolate shell, you’ve seen the beauty of ganache for yourself. Read on to learn more about this smooth treat.
The simplest ganache is comprised of finely chopped chocolate melted into heavy cream heated to a boil. Chocolatiers often add other ingredients, however, such as butter—which also helps make it shiny—or fruit for a more potent flavor. While it’s still warm, ganache can be poured over pastries and allowed to cool into a flawless shell to protect the cake from hungry children. If allowed to cool before use, however, ganache becomes a spreadable frosting or cake filling or a sweet foundation for truffles. Whatever the form, the rich chocolate treat ups both the elegance and richness of many sorts of desserts.
- It’s not clear how ganache was invented, but most texts pin it on 1850s Switzerland or a Parisian patisserie.
- Ganache can be made with milk, dark, or white chocolate.
- Advanced chocolatiers mix up their ratios of chocolate to cream to create different textures in their ganaches—for instance, more chocolate is easier to form into truffles, whereas more cream makes for better frosting.
Delightful Fruit Flowers
Lots of people who don't see the point of a bouquet of flowers would be delighted to received a gift from Delightful Fruit Flowers. The difference? Its "flowers" are edible arrays of fruits like strawberries, pineapple, grapes, and melon. While vases of flowers are left languishing on a table, these pretty and healthful bouquets will be steadily gobbled up. You can even opt for gifts that feature chocolate-covered fruit or an arrangement of veggies. The staff at Delightful Fruit Flowers speak Spanish, and delivery to Miami-Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach is available for an additional fee. (Same-day delivery is available as well.)