A perfectly plumped cupcake trimmed with a sweetly swooped frosting lid is a lovely loaf, perfect for parties, weddings, and commencement addresses. This Groupon gets you $35 worth of them for $15 at Delish Cupcakes in downtown. Delish's expert bakers know how to put the sweets in the cakes, and since they cost $2.75 each, you can put about a dozen in your cake-pocket with this Groupon.
Delish Cupcakes has a mouthwatering menu with more than a dozen types of cupcakes in winsome flavors, including red velvet (traditional southern-style light cocoa cake with a Mexican vanilla cream-cheese frosting garnished with a chocolate shaving), chocolate peanut-butter (chocolate cake accompanied by a peanut-butter buttercream and garnished with chopped peanuts), and ginger carrot (carrot cake with a hint of ginger accompanied by a Mexican vanilla cream cheese frosting garnished with candied ginger). Regulars love the lemon meringue banana crème, an occasional daily special that's a tangy explosion of special cake-glee. Other daily specials may include double chai, mixed banana-berry caramel, or mocha chocolate peanut butter.
Delish Cupcakes gets four stars on Yelp:
- ...this place is GREAT. I had a lemon cupcake and it wasn't too citrus-y. It was just perfect and delicious. – kerissa b.
- All I can say is yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy. May I have another? and another? and another? – Debbie D.
- ...the lemon meringue was PHENOMENAL. I don't even know where to begin describing its perfection. – Lisa M.
The Cake Lobby
Cupcakes are increasingly replacing full-sized cakes as America’s favorite cake treat—a fact that has not escaped the powerful Cake Lobby. The Cake Lobby, representing the interests of the country’s traditional-cake bakers, has taken the following steps to combat the rise of cupcakes:
- Delivers one free full-sized cake to every home each Thursday.
- Released a cloud of specially bred and trained day-bats to dive-bomb cupcake-eaters in public places.
- Mailed every house the helpful pamphlet How Cupcakes Caused The Economic Crises of 1929 and Today.