A night at the theater can be filled with suspense and mystery, especially when a bold companion ignores dibs on the aisle seat and must suffer the consequences. Experience the emotions of the stage with today's Groupon: for $19 you get one ticket to a production of Ruined or Superior Donuts at the Denver Center Theatre Company (up to a $57 value; students may be able to purchase $10 tickets if seats remain one hour before performance times). Choose from the following dates and times:
- Ruined on Monday, April 18 at 6:30 p.m.
- Ruined on Tuesday, April 19 at 6:30 p.m.
- Ruined on Wednesday, April 20 at 6:30 p.m.
- Ruined on Thursday, April 21 at 6:30 p.m.
- Ruined on Friday, April 22 at 7:30 p.m.
- Ruined on Saturday, April 23 at 1:30 p.m.
- Ruined on Saturday, April 23 at 7:30 p.m.
- Superior Donuts on Monday, April 18 at 6:30 p.m.
- Superior Donuts on Tuesday, April 19 at 6:30 p.m.
- Superior Donuts on Wednesday, April 20 at 6:30 p.m.
- Superior Donuts on Thursday, April 21 at 6:30 p.m.
- Superior Donuts on Friday, April 22 at 7:30 p.m.
- Superior Donuts on Saturday, April 23 at 1:30 p.m.
- Superior Donuts on Saturday, April 23 at 7:30 p.m.
The Denver Center Theatre Company, housed at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, is a Tony Award-winning resident theater company (1998 Special Regional Theater Award) that stimulates dormant staging urges with a mix of world-class Broadway and professional theater shows. Ruined is a powerful Pulitzer Prize-winning drama penned by playwright Lynn Nottage. Amid a Congo, rife with civil war, Ruined examines the conflict of Mama Nadi as she struggles to protect her bar and her friends while surviving the harsh environment of a country torn apart by combat and Michael Crichton.
Superior Donuts is a new dramedy by Tracy Letts, a Tony Award- and Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright (August: Osage County Best Play, 2008) and ensemble member of Chicago's famed Steppenwolf Theater. Set against the backdrop of an old Chicago neighborhood, Superior Donuts dunks audiences into a storyline that follows an aging shop owner who is resistant to change, like a snowman in May, and a young African-American shop assistant with strong ambitions and a mysterious past. Sprinkled with new beginnings and secrets of the neighborhood's donut shop, Superior Donuts explores the power of unlikely friendships and new beginnings. Seating will be in either the A or B seating levels of the Space Theatre (Superior Donuts) or Ricketson Theatre (Ruined) depending on availability at the time of your reservation.
Ruined has been awarded the first Horton Foote Prize for Outstanding New American Play, as featured in The Denver Post. Frommer's gives Denver Center for the Performing Arts its exceptional rating, sixteen Yelpers give it a 4.5-star average, and more than 10,200 Facebookers like it.
Central Business District
1101 13th St.
Denver, Colorado 80204Get Directions