Breaking bread is a bonding experience, encouraging new friendships while testing the strength of communal sledgehammers. Swing into sustenance with today's Groupon to Desta Ethiopian Kitchen. Choose between the following options:
- For $22, you get an Ethiopian dinner for two (up to a $51 value) that includes:
- One appetizer (up to a $6 value)
- Two special entrees (up to a $29 value)
- Two alcoholic or nonalcoholic drinks (up to a $16 value)
- For $40, you get an Ethiopian dinner for four (up to a $102 value) that includes:
- Two appetizers (up to a $12 value)
- Four special entrees (up to a $58 value)
- Four alcoholic or nonalcoholic drinks (up to a $32 value)
Desta Ethiopian Kitchen’s menu of artfully arranged organic fare ushers taste buds to the horn of Africa for a spice-laden dining experience. Shared appetizers such as shiro fit fit—ground chickpeas blended with spices—journey to mouths atop pieces of injera, a flatbread that doubles as the evening’s essential utensil and triples as a device to reprimand pretentious dinner companions with light face slaps. Diners can feast on a vegetarian platter of spiced collard greens, yellow split peas, lentils, and many more meatless morsels, or the celebrated fish tibs, marinated tilapia sautéed with onion, tomato, and pepper, served alongside a house salad. Watch cubes of beef tenderloin saunter through aromatic spices before belly flopping onto a pillowy mountain of chickpea purée as you sip from a glass of wine or beer. Eating assemblages can convene within Desta's modern interior or on its spacious outdoor patio, discussing the benefits of a fork-free existences, such as the reduced chance of being mistaken for an angry, trident-bearing sea deity.
3086 Briarcliff Rd.
Atlanta, Georgia 30329