Choose from Three Options
- $129 for a Survivor School package for one ($274 value)
- $249 for a Survivor School package for two ($548 value)
- $489 for a Survivor School package for four ($1,096 value)<p>
For each person, the package includes:
- Two evening classroom sessions at Brooklyn Outdoor Provisions, held from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- One full-day wilderness session in the Hudson Valley held from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., including transportation, breakfast, and lunch
- Custom-made survival kit
- $25 gift card to Brooklyn Outdoor Provisions<p>
Click here to see upcoming class dates. Packages are intended to provide students with the essential skills on how to survive in the wilderness under stressful situations and provide everyday life insight.<p>
Destination Backcountry Adventures
Destination Backcountry Adventures’ licensed guides help civilians explore the wilderness, providing remedies to nature deficit disorder with expeditions into the Catskill and Adirondack Mountain preserves or all experience levels. The guides lead adventurers through landscapes and waterfalls legally protected for more than a century, and along the way, they enlighten hikers with facts about the area’s natural history and ecology, and in some cases, the opportunity to pick wild berries. Tours are dog-friendly. All levels of nature enthusiasts from novice to expert, can challenge themselves with activity options such as hiking, backpacking, back country yoga, and many more activities for both single- and multi-day adventures in the authentic, challenging wilderness. Visitors can opt for single-day excursions, on which they summit a Catskills peak, or multi-night trips, during which they trek to higher peaks and spend the nights sleeping amid a tranquil forest. On all outings, hikers nosh on gourmet fare such as cheese and sausage plates and upscale trail mix, rather than the original trail mix, assorted gravel. The center also hosts in-store classes, workshops, and more to provide its future adventurers with all the tools necessary for an exciting expedition.