What You'll Get
This holiday season, gift yourself or someone you care about with the chance to have their sled spicked-and-spanned by the experienced elves at Detailz Fine Auto Cleaning in Georgetown. This $79 Groupon is good for the Exterior Detail Supreme Package, a fender-to-fender overhaul that turns beaters into blenders using elbow grease and holiday cheer (up to $135 value, depending on car size). You can also convert today’s deal into an official Detailz gift certificate for stuffing holiday hosiery—just email the owner, Mike, with your name, address, and Groupon number and he’ll send a $135 gift certificate your way.
Compact cars (normally $115) and medium cars (normally $135) are completely covered with today’s Groupon. If you have an SUV or mini van, pay an extra $20 when you redeem today's Groupon; owners of X-L vehicles (those with a third row of seats, such as Hummers and Crew Cabs) pay an additional $50. Services included in the Exterior Detail Supreme package take about two hours to perform, so you know you’ll be getting your money’s worth. Pass the time at nearby coffee shops and shopping areas— since there isn't a waiting area, you can't park yourself at Detailz while the detailers do their detailing.
Exterior detailing starts at the rubber soles of the car: tires will be washed, sparkled, and shined, as will fender wells. The exterior will be hand-washed, polished, and dried with a gentle touch treatment no car-washing machine can provide. After a finish paint sealant and mirror cleansing, objects in mirrors will appear as if they were actually there. Not to neglect the core, the interior of your car gets a carpet and mat vacuuming, and a wipe down of all the surfaces from the radio knobs to the seat latches. It’s all capped off by a dressing of the exterior trim and tires to make sure your car stays pristine as long as possible.
- I have a new car again!: I don't have a "fine" automobile but I love my 10 year old Toyota Camry. I thought it was time to give my car a little treat so I dropped her off at Detailz for a good cleaning. When I arrived to pick up my car I did not recognize it. Everything sparkled and it smelled so good. It feels like a new car again. – A Yahoo! Local User
- My car now looks amazing and smells new. They took out some paint scratches on my bumper as well. I don't know if my car has ever been this clean or looked this good. – Danielle L., Yelp
One reviewer even delayed his review to put the Detailz job to the test:
- I waited this long to write a review because I wanted to test the wax and clear coat they put on, to see if it did what they said it would. It does. Today I only used a soft cloth, and the shine returned. – Harris, Yahoo! Local
When Black Friday Comes
Known as Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year and the sun’s annual day of rest. Here are some surefire shopping tips to help you survive the sunless mall-maelstrom unscathed:
- To increase visibility, reach for overstock shelves, and to intimidate other shoppers, employ your finest pair of running stilts.
- Most malls have two or three “secret” stores hidden behind the food court; try muscling your way through by feigning a baked-potato emergency.
- If your curious children discover that you’ve purchased them a coveted copy of the 1995 Rembrandts album LP, punish their inquisitiveness by mounting it on the wall of your study.
- Online shopping has never been more convenient thanks to websites such as Nopuorg.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 30, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. May exchange for gift certificate. $20 surcharge for SUVs and vans, $50 surcharge for larger vehicles. Available for redemption starting 11/30. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.