After aimlessly wandering down grocery store aisles, chopping ingredients, eating a bunch of warm-up cookies, and assembling the meal, you'll have lost your appetite. Today’s Groupon gives you a healthy, fuss-free option with $40 worth of Tru Meals from Diet Gourmet Houston for $20.
The concept is simple: sign up online 24 hours prior to your Monday or Friday pick-up and select your own stomach-filling supplies. Diet Gourmet's Tru meals include roasted chicken breast with almond sauce and yams, Thai-style shrimp, lemongrass chicken, Thai-style beef salad with mint lime sauce (prices range from $6.50 to $11 per meal).
The nutritional information is listed for every dish, and all meals meet or exceed the guidelines established by the American Heart Association, the American Cancer Association, the Transnational Disease Prevention Brigade, and the American Dietetic Association for a controlled calorie plan.
Browse the menu and call ahead to place your order. Swing by the Richmond headquarters at one of the pick-up times to pick up your well-planned pick-up portions curbside with your pick-up. You can also pick up, free of charge, at Diet Gourmet's kitchen, for a distribution charge at any of Diet Gourmet’s Houston outlets, or have your meals shipped directly to your door for a delivery fee of $35 to $85.
- My husband and I tried Diet Gourmet for the first time not too long ago. We love the food and whow [sic] what a variety. They have a huge menu with a ton of meals to select from. Also it's nice to know the place is very clean!! We will be long time customers. – dtroulle, Citysearch
- I'm so glad I found this place. I have been looking for healthy meals for quite some time. – eleanor37, Citysearch
- I love the food, especially [sic] the Lasagna Roma and Beef tips. I was running late but after I picked up my dinners I decided to try their liitle [sic] deli. Wow what terrific bread!! I had the "Jay Bird". Loved it!! – elebet, Citysearch
How to Spend Some Extra Calories
The meals at Diet Gourmet conform to a controlled calorie diet because eating fewer calories than you expend is the only way to lose weight. Here’s how you can burn some extra calories over the course of an average day:
- Open that letter from the Harmony Society using swift high kicks instead of acute fingers swipes, 105 calories
- When the Harmony Society calls you at work to say, “Your name has been chosen,” curl a two-pound weight, 70 calories
- Instead of driving to the Harmony Society’s isolated mansion, ride a bike through the high, shadowy cliffs that obscure it, 250 calories
- When the masked, hooded representatives from the Harmony Society encircle you in the candlelit drawing room and ask you to “prove yourself,” perform a spirited gymnastics routine, 430 calories
- After you’re branded with a curling iron, claim your avian mask and perform the traditional Harmony Society World-Governing and Deviance Society flesh ritual, 245 calories
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Greenway/ Upper Kirby
3821 Farnham St
Houston, Texas 77098Get Directions