What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | How to Spend Some Extra Calories
After aimlessly wandering down grocery store aisles, chopping ingredients, eating a bunch of packaged cookies, and assembling the meal, you'll have lost your appetite. Today’s Groupon gives you a healthy, fuss-free option with $60 worth of meals from Diet Gourmet Dallas for $35.
The concept is simple: sign up online 48 hours before your Monday or Friday pick-up and select your own stomach-filling supplies. The a la carte menu has plenty of options for every meal. For breakfast, you’ll find soft oatmeal bars ($2.75), a weekly offering of scones ($1.50), muffins ($1.50), coffee cakes ($2.50), and oatmeal ($3.35). Healthy lunch fare includes a veggie burger ($7.25) and modest salad selection (walnut, Italian, Caesar; $3–$7.50). Diet Gourmet offers a huge variety of meals on its rotating five-week menu. Meals this week include pork tenderloin with Parmesan mashed potatoes and turkey cutlets with vegetables primavera. Check out vegetarian options such as the tortilla casserole with baked butternut squash and lemon brussels sprouts. Prices for lunches range from $7.95¬ to $8.45 and dinners from $9.25 to $10.50.
Diet Gourmet also features in-between eats such as cookies, brownies, fruit, and popcorn (from $1.75), and a children’s menu, perfect for moms too busy shuffling their little ones off to carpentry practice to whip up dinner. The nutritional information is listed for every dish, and all meals meet or exceed the guidelines established by the American Heart Association, the American Cancer Association, the Transnational Disease Prevention Brigade, and the American Dietetic Association for a controlled calorie plan.
Browse the menu and call ahead to place your order. Swing by the Dallas headquarters at one of the pick-up times to pick up your well-planned portable portions curbside. You can also pick up for a distribution charge at any of Diet Gourmet’s Dallas-area outlets, or have your meals shipped directly to your door for a delivery fee of $35 to $85.
D Magazine awarded Diet Gourmet 2009's Best Delicious Diet Plan:
- ...we love Diet Gourmet, because we don’t have to think. We can just eat: shrimp and salmon cakes, spinach-stuffed pork tenderloin, chocolate chip banana pancakes — yum. – D Magazine
- I was extremely skeptical of the concept, but I was really bored with the food rut I had gotten in, so I decided to give Diet Gourmet a shot. I was pleasantly surprised. The food is really good. It tastes fresh and like it was prepared with care by a skilled chef. I was exceptionally pleased twith [sic] the way it all reheated -- even after re-heating, the vegetables were perfectly crisp and not the least bit overdone or mushy. – inthehood, Citysearch
How to Spend Some Extra Calories
The meals at Diet Gourmet are planned according to the theory that eating fewer calories than you expend is the only way to lose weight. Here's how you can burn some extra calories over the course of an average day:
- Open that letter from the Harmony Society using swift high kicks instead of acute fingers swipes, 105 calories
- When the Harmony Society calls you at work to say, "Your name has been chosen," curl a two-pound weight, 70 calories
- Instead of driving to the Harmony Society's isolated mansion, ride a bike through the high, shadowy cliffs that obscure it, 250 calories
- When the masked, hooded representatives from the Harmony Society encircle you in the candlelit drawing room and ask you to "prove yourself," perform a spirited gymnastics routine, 430 calories
- After you're branded with a curling iron, claim your avian mask and perform the traditional Harmony World-Governing and Deviance Society flesh ritual, 245 calories
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 13, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per household. Place order at least 48 hours in advance. Delivery available for extra charge. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.