- Six entrees (serves 2–3) & three side orders (serves 4–6); home-cooked meals in 30 minutes; more than 10 entree options
- Serves most of Chicagoland area
About This Deal
Today's Groupon frees you from the daunting decisions of canned-soup shelves with cheap, fast, home-cooked meals delivered to your door by Dinner by Design–Glenview. The healthy, well-prepared food saves days of mulling in the spice aisle, sobbing over chopped onions, scrubbing burnt rice off pans, and bleaching the mixing spoon.
This package includes six mini-meals (entrees for 2–3 people) and three side orders (which usually serve 4–6 people each). (Choose from 13 entrees and 10 sides.) In total you're getting the equivalent of 12–18 complete meals, depending on your preferred portion size. That's $4–$6 per meal per person—pretty much cheaper than any meal you can assemble from grocery-store bought ingredients (other than a box of JIFFY), a single apple, or possibly two apples (depending on price of apples).
Menus change monthly and features 15 new items per month. The August menu has 13 entrees you can choose from, including gorgonzola steak and Italian meatball sandwiches. You can customize ingredients according to taste or specific allergy conditions, and each dish comes with full nutritional information. Dinner by Design–Glenview's healthy, home-cooked meals are almost faster than the supermarket self-checkout robot. The food comes frozen—just thaw them in the fridge the day you want to eat, then follow the individual cooking instructions available for each entree on Dinner by Design's website.
This Groupon is good for delivery from the independently owned and operated Dinner by Design in Glenview, which delivers to the entire Chicagoland area. (Call 847.832.0222 if you have questions about coverage area.) The usual $20 delivery charge is included in the value of your Groupon, which can normally cost up to $20 depending on your address. Just place one combined order of all six entrees and three sides, and Dinner by Design will bring them directly to your home. Deliveries are made Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 4:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m., but Dinner by Design–Glenview's flexible, friendly staff offers to work around your schedule to fill your belly with home-cooked chow when you need it.
Dinner by Design–Glenview Reviews
The Dinner by Design in Glenview has two five-star reviews on Yelp.
- The Dinner by Design concept is fabulous!!! With three young kids who keep me busy all day I love having meals prepared ahead of time and waiting in my freezer so my family can always have a healthy and delicious dinner together. My kids, husband and I have all loved every entree we have tried from Dinner by Design. Also, my daughter has a food allergy and the staff has always been so helpful going over all the ingredients with me! – Debra S.
- I love the idea of cooking, but I hate the actual process... I suck at chopping, slicing and/or dicing things, and when I come home at the end of the day I just want to relax. Which means that I think Dinner by Design is pretty much one of the most amazing ideas ever. – Christiana S.
Dinner Reviews by Designers
All kinds of designers are in love with the meal most Americans call dinner. Here's what they're dishing out:
- Dinner is easily one of my favorite meals! – Terry Pritchard, Senior Designer
- Breakfast is good. Lunch is better. Dinner is the best. – Pat Truman, Graphic Designer
- I'm no expert, but my vote goes to dinner, at least it would go to dinner if there is ever a nationwide poll asking, "Which meal do you prefer? Text 547689 with the name of your favorite meal. (Standard texting rates apply)." – Leslie Upton, Female Designer