On television, criminal investigators are slick and relentless, which explains why most kids want to grow up to be cops, actors, or a pair of sunglasses. Shine like a snooping star with this Groupon.
$79 for a Murder-Mystery-Dinner Package for Two (Up to $167.80 Total Value)
- Two tickets for reserved seating and a four-course meal (up to a $127.90 value, including fees)
- Two commemorative mugs (a $39.90 value)
The four-course dinner includes:
- A rotating selection of hors d'oeuvres
- A local baby-greens salad with sliced cucumbers and cherry tomatoes
- A main entrée of chicken puttanesca, pan-roasted fish, or pasta primavera.
- A rotating selection of desserts
Shows are held at the Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center. Beverages, such as coffee, tea, and libations, are available for an additional cost. Click here to view the schedule of upcoming shows.
The Dinner Detective
Eschewing the over-the-top costumes and writing that typify many other murder-mystery dinners, The Dinner Detectives’ cast of improvisational actors blends in with audiences, holding secrets tight to their chests while steering each night’s tension-filled storyline. After a diner is found murdered, a resident detective helps lead the investigation, allowing guests to interrogate one another with Tickle Monster tactics to distinguish the culprit among the crowd of fellow diners and dissembling thespians. Multicourse meals keep bodies well fueled during spurts of crime-solving intuition, and a prize basket awaits the gumshoe who comes closest to solving the case.