Patrons can enjoy gorgeous views of Monterey Bay marine life and observe one of the largest creatures in the world
What You'll Get
- What’s included: admission for Afternoon Whale Watch or Winter Morning Whale Watch
- Departure times: 10 a.m. (morning whale watch) or 1:30 p.m. (afternoon whale watch)
- Afternoon trip is year-round
- Winter morning trips start December 16
- Voucher may be upgraded to Summer & Fall Whale Watching trip (3.5-4 hours starting at 9 a.m.) for an additional charge of $3 for adult and $2 for child; must call to upgrade.
- Trip duration: 2.5-3 hours
- Departure location: 66 Fishermans Wharf Monterey, CA 93940
- Adult tickets are valid for 13 and older.
- Child tickets are valid for 4–12.
- Free admission for children 3 and younger
- Click here to view the schedule
- What to bring:
- Appropriate clothing and sun protection
- Camera, binoculars, water, and snacks
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 1, 2020. Amount paid never expires. Online reservation required. Subject to weather. Valid for Afternoon Whale Watch or Winter Morning Whale Watch. Voucher may be upgraded to Summer & Fall Whale Watching trip (3.5-4 hours starting at 9 a.m.) for an additional charge of $3 for adult and $2 for child; must call to upgrade. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed voucher price). Limit 10 per person. May be repurchased every 90 days. Subject to availability. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Discovery Whale Watch
Massive marine mammals are a staple of the Monterey Bay area, thanks to its nutrient-rich waters and bounty of plankton blooms. Discovery Whale Watch explores this sanctuary on two vessels, the New Horizon and the Chubasco, on which friendly guides and knowledgable naturalists give passengers info about conservation and the area's natural history during whale encounters. All ages are welcome on these narrated cruises that last three to four hours.
- Daily whale watching: In the summer/fall season, tours expect to see humpback whales, which visit the region to feast. Winter-season trips focus on the south end of the bay, where whales pass by the coast during migration.
- Sunset whale watch: From May to September, guests witness the awe-inspiring combination of a breaching whale and a stunning California sunset.
- Nature cruises: Guests wave at California sea lions, harbor seals, and southern sea otters on these trips, which are narrated by one of Discovery's naturalists or marine biologists and ideal for families or photographers.