Science is more than just a class you had to take in high school; it’s also what the people who taught those classes do in their free time. Enrich yourself with this Groupon.
$59 for a One-Year Deluxe Family Membership ($125 Value)
- Unlimited free admission for two adults and all children younger than 18 in the same household, or grandchildren younger than 18 and one extra adult and child admission
- Discounts on programming, workshops, and camps
- Access to the Kohl’s Design It! Lab
- Free deck tours of the S/V Denis Sullivan and 10% off sailing tickets
- 10% discount in the gift shop and café
- Discounted parking during regular museum hours
- Reciprocal admission to more than 250 science and technology centers<p>
Discovery World’s 120,000 square feet of exhibits celebrate exploration—both of technology and aquatic life. Guests can gaze at a 75,000-gallon freshwater tank filled with species found in the Great Lakes, stroll down a glass-enclosed tunnel beneath the 65,000-gallon saltwater tank containing colorful Caribbean fish, and admire jellyfish showing off their limber break-dance skills before getting their hands wet in touch tanks with sturgeon, stingrays, and more. The museum further satisfies thirst for watery knowledge with to-scale replicas of the Great Lakes and the Challenge, a 19th-century schooner.
Discovery World houses plenty of exhibits dedicated to innovative technology, including Les Paul’s House of Sound, which features guitars from Les Paul’s own personal collection. Visitors can also practice flying a plane and skywriting marriage proposals in the airplane simulator, or peer inside a nuclear reactor as it generates energy.