What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | The Return of the Adult Tea Party
Throw off the draconian shackles of "official" teatime with today's deal: $10 worth of tea and snacks at Dishtopia & The Anytime Tea Bar for $5. You may order your tea hot or cold, but not tepid or spiked with Pop Rocks. You can also load up on dishes for your plate-spinning class, though these won't be included in your Groupon.
Unlike some snooty-patooty traditional tearooms, Dishtopia holds tea service at any time of day, including December. This saves you the hassle of coming up with a different excuse for sneaking out of work for afternoon tea every day. Instead, you can come in very early or very late during business hours and drink Dishtopia's variety of loose-leaf whites, greens, oolongs, blacks, and herbals. Prices run from $2 (14-ounce pots) to $10 (a 34-ounche pot with the works).
You can also enjoy a tea flight of three teas for $6 and explore your choice of exotic brews such as strawberry sassafras, sugar caramel oolong, sweet pumpkin spice, and Kashmiri chai. Animal lovers, on the other hand, might prefer to try the tiger eye, the dragon's well, or the golden monkey. And for the truly daring, order the gunpowder—don't plot to destroy the House of Lords while drinking it. Dishtopia serves a fresh variety of sweet and savory treats every day to go with every tea, except Mr. T.
As sumptuous as the teas are the eclectic dishes in which they're served. Dishtopia buys and sells quality used china, crystal, dinnerware, tableware, silverware—any ware from everywhere. Dishtopia has 80 fine-dish manufacturers in its inventory, so you can finally replace that Princess Anne gravy boat your uncle broke during his Thanksgiving juggling demonstration and complete your collection. Or if you just love the cup-and-pot set in which your Ceylon Sonata tea came, you can buy it and take it home with you.
TeaMap reviewers give Dishtopia five stars:
- What a great experience! The perfect place to relax and talk with friends. – Sam Huff
- Also perfect for an after dinner dessert for date night. I highly recommend it to all my friends and frequent it often. – Julian
- The tea is delicious and they have really neat dishes. Definitely check it out! – France Roy
The Return of the Adult Tea Party
With the tea trend picking up steam, adult tea parties are once again in vogue. More and more often, adults are forgoing Saturday night swimsuit-modeling competitions in favor of a relaxing evening revisiting a cornerstone of childhood. If you’re considering attending an adult tea party, keep these basic rules of etiquette in mind:
- It’s acceptable to eat with your fingers, unless you’ve recently had your fingers fused together in order to swim faster and qualify for the 2016 Summer Olympics.
- If your tea is too hot, refrain from throwing it out the window into the neighboring landfill.
- When socializing, never mention your compelling urge to be covered in marzipan and baked into a torte.
- Stir in your sugar with a spoon, not with the arm of a Cabbage Patch doll you found in the neighboring landfill.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 8, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May buy multiple as gifts. Not valid with other offers. Tax & gratuity not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.